RESEARCH FIELDJuridical sciences › Informatic law
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/10/2020 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Leuven
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK38
The research position involves the following tasks:
- Conducting fundamental and applied legal research, often in cooperation with computer and data scientists;
- Acting as a point of contact for and engaging with CiTiP’s partners in research programmes;
- Publishing research in high quality peer-reviewed national and international journals; presenting research results at national and international meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops;
- Generating and pursuing original research ideas (for new research projects and/or a doctoral dissertation);
- Engaging in science communication towards non-legal experts; stakeholders; the public at large (e.g. through CiTiP’s blog);
- Building research collaborations nationally and internationally; facilitating and participating in crosscutting research collaborations as appropriate;
- Contributing to the overall activities of the Centre (taking on limited educational and teaching assignments, contributing to grant applications, participating in thematic team meetings, setting up internal workshops.
As senior researcher, these responsibilities further include:
- Coaching junior researchers and managing an internal research cluster;
- Helping design and conducting innovative, world-class research and securing additional funding;
- Representing the Centre in various fora, such as expert committees, policy groups and advisory boards at national and international level.
- A stimulating and dynamic work environment characterized by a unique mixture of independence, trust and support;
- A favorable remuneration for engaging and enriching work (junior level: monthly gross salary of €3.300-€4.000–senior level:monthly gross salary of €4.200-€5.500) with numerous benefits such as end-of-year bonus, holiday bonus, paid leave, flexible holiday periods, insurance, mobility incentives, and discounts for sports and cultural facilities;
- Experience is an asset and can be considered;
- Access to all facilities offered by the University;
- Full-time employment at KULeuven, with a fixed term contract for one year, yearly renewable if both parties agree.
Candidates for the junior position drawing our attention will hold
- a master’s degree in law, and
- an additional degree in philosophical ethics, science or engineering, or comparable educational background, constitutes added value, and
- demonstrable interest for the societal impacts of technological developments
Candidates for the senior position drawing our attention will hold
- a master’s degree in law, and
- a degree in philosophical ethics, science or engineering, or comparable educational background,
- demonstrable interest for the societal impacts of technological developments, and
- a doctorate
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Anton Vedder, tel.: +32 16 32 69 23, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Edith Appelmans, tel.: +32 16 32 07 78, mail: email@example.com.
You can apply for this job no later than 30/10/2020 via the online application tool
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 568916
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.