RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/12/2019 18:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Leuven
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together 4,000 brilliant minds from over 90 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
What you will do
- Your role is to develop and maintain Process Design Kits (PDK) to support research and development by internal and external customers working with our Silicon Photonics Platform.
- You collaborate with device designers, process integration engineers and test engineers to describe the platforms characteristics and define the design space.
- You work with our EPDA partners to make our PDK available in their design environment.
- You strive for quality in the PDKs to best enable our end users.
- You support internal and external customers layouting for imec’s photonics platforms.
What we do for you
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Who you are
- As a photonics PDK engineer, you have a Master degree or PhD in Electronics Engineering.
- We are looking for someone with programming experience (Python and Unix knowledge are a plus), and aware of software engineering best practices (git and test automation).
- A background of semiconductor devices physics and fabrication is necessary, preferably with experience in integrated optics.
- Some experience with electronics, photonics or MEMS circuit design, layout and verification flow. Calibre and Virtuoso knowledge are assets.
- You are customer focused and detail-oriented, with excellent English communication skills, able to work in a multicultural environment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 445405
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.