RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/08/2019 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › ORSAY
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2019
- Participation for the preparation of STM experiments (tips, samples, evaporation ...), management of cryogenics.
- Involve in statistical measurements of electronic excitations, characterization of molecular devices (STS, AFM, dI/dV mapping).
- Participation in the writing of scientific articles.
- Eventually, participation in numerical simulations.
- Participation in seminars, workshops, conferences.
Charge transfer processes are ubiquitous in nature and govern a large number of photo or physico-chemical events in our daily lives, but they are often misunderstood. Therefore, it seems particularly relevant to access information at the molecular and atomic level in order to better understand and describe new aspects of these processes (adiabatic transfer, coherent tunnel, jump, resonant transfer, superexchange, etc.). Ultra-low temperature tunneling microscopy is an ideal tool for this type of study. By combining it with luminescence collection techniques, it is possible to access different information on the molecular dynamics while maintaining an ad-hoc spatial resolution.
The postdoctoral researcher will be part of the molecular nanoscale axis at the Institute of Molecular Nanosciences (ISMO) in Orsay. He/she will work within the framework of the CHACRA project recently funded by the ANR, which aims to study the fundamental processes of charge transfer in small molecular assemblies by local probe microscopy.
This position is open as part of a collaborative project (CHACRA) funded by the National Agency for Research (ANR). This is a project involving 4 research partners (ISMO, ICMMO, IS2M and FEMTO-ST) bringing together expertise in surface physics and nanoscience, chemical synthesis and numerical simulation (DFT). The project will take place at ISMO in a new building bringing together many researchers and lecturers (http://www.ismo.u-psud.fr/spip.php?article760).
The candidate must have:
- A doctorate in physics,
- Solid knowledge in solid-state physics, surface science, physical chemistry of molecular systems.
- Experimental know-how confirmed with low temperature tunnelling microscopy (STM).
- Autonomy, rigor, dynamism.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESFRENCH: Basic
EURAXESS offer ID: 413827
Posting organisation offer ID: 9889
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.