ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental science › Earth science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/05/2019 15:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPoland › Sopot
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE12/05/2019
- PhD degree in biological sciences,
- Higher education in the field of oceanography,
- Scientific achievements in the field of biology, physiology, endocrinology and chronobiology of fish, documented by scientific publications with the first authorship in journals from the so-called Philadelphia list; knowledge of issues related to seasonal variability of fish life cycles, including reproduction, functioning of biological clocks and hormonal control of these processes,
- Knowledge of SPE and HPLC analytical procedures and histological techniques; the ability to independently interpret and analyze microscopic images of fish tissue,
- Experience in conducting laboratory experiments on fish behavior, including the impact of environmental and social factors on changes in fish behavior,
- Experience in the implementation of scientific and research projects, including as a project manager,
- Experience in presenting scientific results at national and international conferences,
- Experience in field work with the use of various fishing techniques (eg fishing rods, trawls) and at work on research ship,
- The ability to use statistical methods in data analysis, including the use of the Statistica program,
- Certificates of completion of training required by the Act on the Protection of Animals Used for Scientific and Educational Purposes in the field of: Training for those responsible for planning procedures and for their conduct, performing procedures, involved in the procedures and killing animals used in procedures,
- Experience in popularizing science is welcome,
- Very good knowledge of English .
Required application documents:
- Application for employment,
- Curriculum Vitae with a consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the open position call,
- Copy of the PhD diploma,
- Filled out questionnaire for people applying for a position at IO PAN,
- List of scientific achievements.
Please include signed document with the following consent clause:
I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Science pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1 letter a of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process for the position of ADJUNCT .
I also declare that I have read the information on the processing of personal data provided by the Institute in accordance with Article 13 GDPR.
(place and date) (signature of the declarant)
INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”), Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences hereby informs:
- the Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences is the controller of your personal data,
- contact details of the controller: registered office at Powstancow Warszawy 55 str., 81-712 Sopot, (+48 58) 73 11 600, fax: (+48 58) 551 21 30; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- for any questions relating to the processing of data, please contact with data protection officer at e-mail: email@example.com,
- your personal data will be processed by the controller in order to carry out the recruitment process and selecting candidate,
- the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent for processing of personal data according article 6 paragraph 1 point a of GDPR and the provisions of national laws which indicate the need to process certain personal data,
- your personal data will be stored for the period of achievement of the objectives referred to above, unless a longer storage period is required by the legal obligation imposed on the controller,
- the recipients of the personal data shall only be the persons and entities entitled to obtain personal data on the basis of the provisions of law, among others, authorised employees of the controller, including members of the recruitment committee, the financing institution within the scope of which it finances/funds the remuneration, controlling institutions or entities,
- you have the right to access the content of your personal data and the right to rectification or restriction of processing concerning the data, as well as the right to erasure personal data and the right to data portability, when it is possible under the provisions of GDPR,
- in the case of data processed under consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal,
- you have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data,
- provision the data required by the controller is voluntary, however, it is a condition of participation in the recruitment process,
- no automated decision will be taken with regard to your personal data.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 401038
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.