RESEARCH FIELDMathematics › Applied mathematics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/05/2019 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Leuven
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK38
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER724326
- You will do research in applied mathematics at the Centre of mathematical Plasma Astrophysics of the Department of Mathematics, leading to a Ph.D.
- You follow the doctoral program of the Arenberg Doctoral School
- You will give exercise classes in mathematics for the courses taught by members of the Department of Mathematics.
- You assist in the guidance of bachelor projects and master theses.
- You assist in the organisation of workshops, conferences and other research and teaching activities.
We offer a scholarship as a Ph.D. student in the Section Plasma Astrophysics of the Departement of Mathematics for one year. This can be extended to four years after a positive evaluation. The four year period allows you to obtain a Ph.D. in mathematics.
- You have a master degree in mathematics, physics, astronomy, computer science, or an equivalent degree with an important mathematics component.
- You are able to teach mathematics exercise classes in Dutch. If your knowledge of Dutch is not sufficient, then we ask you to follow language training classes so that your knowledge is sufficient after two years.
- You have a very good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Tom Van Doorsselaere, tel.: +32 16 32 70 03, mail: email@example.com or Mrs. Josee Pierre, tel.: +32 16 32 70 15, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this job no later than 27/05/2019 via the online application tool
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 400678
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.