ORGANISATION/COMPANYWrocław University of Science and Technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/04/2019 00:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Wrocław
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2019
The candidate is expected to conduct scientific research and publish the results, be active in obtaining grants, engaged in teaching activities, participate in the organizational work of the Faculty and Department.
The preferred scope of scientific activity includes experimental physics of condensed matter in line with the scientific profile of the Faculty, in particular: condensed matter physics, statistical physics and quantum theory.
- conducting scientific research in accordance with the research profile defined in the job description,
- teaching basics of physics, mathematics or programming, as well as theoretical physics, within undergraduate and graduate studies,
- scientific collaboration with external institutions,
- applying for research grants,
- participation in organizational work ordered by the heads of the Department, Faculty and University, related to the research and didactic activities
- announces a competition for 2 positions of assistant professor
- employment in a prestigious University,
- work in a world-class scientific environment,
- the possibility of implementing research plans and further professional advancement.
The deadline for submitting offers: 2019-04-15 23:59:59
Planned date of employment: starting on 2019-10-01
Candidates who meet the conditions set out in the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws 2018 item 1668) and in the Statute of the Wrocław University of Technology may enter the competition.
Criteria of evaluation: research achievements (40%); grants, fellowships and scholarships based on research proposals (20%); post-doc terms and scientific mobility (20%); teaching achievements and competence (20%).
Decision: till 30 April 2019
Applications can be sent to:
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Fundamental Problems of Technology, Wybrzeże Wyspiańskiego 27, 50-370 Wroclaw,
or submitted to the secretariat of the Faculty of Fundamental Problems of Technology, Building A-1, room 234. Please write the reference number on the envelope.
Documents required in electronic form can be included as PDF files on a CD or sent by email to the deputy dean for teaching and development of academic staff: Pawel.Machnikowski@pwr.edu.pl
The competition may be closed without selecting a candidate without giving reasons. After closing the competition, the unsuccessful candidates can collect their applications at the Faculty secretariat, within 6 months, upon signed confirmation of receipt.
The information clause and the consent clause for personal data processing for Candidates in competitions for academic positions
(please copy, print and sign)
I. We would like to inform you:
The administrator of Wrocław University of Science and Technology is Rector with headquarter in Wrocław, Wybrzeże Wyspiańskiego 27 and he decides about the purposes and methods of personal data processing that you provide.
Contact details of the administrator
The administrator can be contacted via a form and data placed on the website www.pwr.edu.pl/kontakt, or in writing to the address of the administrator's office.
Contact details of the personal data protection officer
The administrator has appointed a person performing the tasks of the Information Security Administrator and the Personal Data Protection Inspector (IOD), with whom one can contact via the e-mail address: IOD@pwr.edu.pl. The IODs can be contacted in all matters concerning personal data processing and the use of rights related to data processing.
The purposes of processing and the legal basis for processing
Your personal data will be processed on the basis of a voluntary consent to conduct competitive procedures related to establishing cooperation or employment with the administrator. The competition documentation is also subject to archiving obligations based on common regulations applied in higher education. The administrator supported the principles and recommendations adopted in 2005 by the European Commission (in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers). By implementing these principles, he uses the "Human Resources Excellence in Research" logo and may be subject to reviews confirming that he applies the principles of the Charter and the Code. This may lead to the disclosure (towards authorized institutions) of competition documentation and your data. In turn, such processing is necessary for purposes arising from legitimate interests pursued by the administrator.
(date and legible signature) ..................................................
REQUIRED LANGUAGESPOLISH: Mother Tongue
- PhD degree in physics,
- academic achievements in theoretical physics, documented by publications in refereed international scientific journals over the last five years,
- academic teaching competence in the fields of basics of physics or theoretical physics,
- language competence in Polish and English
- cover letter containing the candidate’s address and email address, as well as the reference number of the call,
- application to the Rector of Wrocław University of Science and Technology for employment as an assistant professor in the case of winning the contest,
- CV in traditional and electronic form (PDF file),
- a copy of the diploma certifying the possession of the degree,
- a self-report in the form of a single PDF file about interests and achievements in research and teaching, including:
- education, employment, scientific degrees and professional titles
- a brief description of scientific achievements,
- a list of publications over the last five calendar years with the indication of point value according to the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (according to the list of 26 Jan. 2017),
- the total number of citations excluding own citations, Hirsch index (according to Web of Science),
- a list of current and past research projects with the indication of the candidate’s role, as well as a list of scholarships and fellowships awarded via an open contest based on a research proposal,
- information on post-doc terms and other academic internships not shorter than 3 months,
- information on competences and achievements in teaching, as well as achievements in organizing academic teaching
- summary of future research plans in the context of scientific activity of research groups at the Faculty of Fundamental Problems of Technology,
- recommendation letter of a group leader, supervisor or scientific advisor, evaluating the achievements and perspectives for future academic development of the candidate towards full academic independence (can be sent directly to the Dean of the Faculty; email form is acceptable: Arkadiusz.Wojs@pwr.edu.pl),
- statement of the candidate that Wroclaw University of Technology will be the primary place of work in case of winning the competition,
- the candidate's statement on meeting the conditions of art. 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science,
- signed consent to the processing of personal data in order to participate in the competition together with information regarding the processing of personal data; see the template below.
EURAXESS offer ID: 390232