ORGANISATION/COMPANYScuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana (SUPSI)
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/12/2018 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSwitzerland › Manno
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK42
OFFER STARTING DATE01/02/2019
The University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) active in the fields of natural and built environment, economics, technological innovation, applied art, social work and healthcare, learning and education, has opened two positions at the Department of Innovative Technologies (DTI), in particular the Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence (IDSIA), for a postdoc Researcher in the area of data-driven modelling and control. The occupancy degree is 100%.
- Basic research, aimed at publications in top journals and conferences.
- Applied research: collaboration with industrial partners in innovative projects.
- Acquisition of funds regarding both basic and applied research.
- The main research areas relevant to this position involve modelling and identification of dynamical systems, control theory, optimization, machine learning.
- 2 years contract, with possibility of prolongation
- International working environment.
- Collaboration with a strong team of researchers in Machine Learning, Statistics and Control (http://ipg.idsia.ch).
- Development of your own professional skills and career progression.
- Participation in high-profile conferences, workshop and schools
- Atractive salary, in line with Swiss standards and the candidate's experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESITALIAN: Good
- The position is for researcher who has obtained a PhD since no more than 5 years.
- Master degree in Control Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- PhD focused on modelling, identification and control of dynamical systems.
- Excellent publication track (relative to the age/experience) in top journals and conferences of the field, such as Automatica, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, IFAC World Congress.
- Excellent programming skills and proficiency with state-of-the-art libraries for system identification, control and optimization.
- Good knowledge of Matlab and Python.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Communication and collaboration skills.
Optional but preferential
- Good knowledge of algorithms and software for time-series analysis and machine learning.
- Experience in working in European and industrial projects.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Italian.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana (SUPSI)
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 361897
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.