RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/01/2019 12:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Co. Cork
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
The appointee will assist Teagasc in the implementation of a dairy cow health and welfare research programme with particular emphasis on:
- Welfare assessment of dairy cows.
- Dairy cow lameness; risk factors, diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
- Dairy herd management to maximise herd health and welfare.
- Dairy farm infrastructure to optimise animal health and welfare.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of dairy cow health and welfare.
- Measure and record dairy cow health and welfare indicators.
- Liaise with dairy farmers regarding dairy cow health and welfare.
- Implement experimental protocols and experimental recording.
- Collect and manage farm and research data.
- Engage with dairy farmer groups regarding animal health and welfare management.
HOW TO APPLY
An application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Thursday 10th January 2019. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence.
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.
- Candidates must have a Level 8 degree in agricultural science or a related discipline.
- Experience in dairy herd management.
EURAXESS offer ID: 361895